Login On Connect (LOC)
The Login-on-Connect (LOC) feature allows you to pre-login while connecting to AfterNET. Using Login-on-Connect bypasses you from RBL scans and hides your hostname before anyone can see your real IP address. We recommend everyone give it a try.
To use Login-on-Connect, you must first have an AfterNET AuthServ Account. Register for one here if you don't already have one.
Login-on-connect uses the “server password” feature built into most IRC clients. All you do is put your specially formatted login information into the server password box like this:
/username/password (slash, your username, slash, your password)
for example, my username is Rubin, and if my pasword was zanzabar I would put the following into my password box:
When you connect to AfterNET using the new password, you should see a message like the following:
*** Attempting service login to authserv *** AUTHENTICATION SUCCESSFUL as rubin
Client Specific Instructions:
- Make sure you can login the normal way to AuthServ: /msg authserv auth username password
- If you get a message about /QUOTE PASS that means your username, or password is wrong, or maybe AuthServ is down?
- Some people reported having to close mIRC and re-open it before LOC started working.
- You must have a *@* host (default) set in AuthServ since LOC does not know your hostname.
- The 'server group' must be the string “AfterNET” exactly. mIRC wont send the password if the name doesn't match what the server announces itself as.
- Try typing the password string into notepad so you can see it. Then paste it into the password box.