Table of Contents
Simplanet, AfterNET's private Minecraft Server
Hi everyone. Many regulars from AfterNET have been playing minecraft, and you can to!
How To Play
- Go to http://www.minecraft.net/ and purchase minecraft.
- Make sure java is installed on your PC
- Connect to server mc.simplanet.org
Rules and Tips
- We are a friendly bunch who prefer teamwork and cooperation.
- Don't build near or modify others builds without permission.
- Don't take from boxes without permission.
- Be a good citizen. Noone wants to spend hours collecting materials just to have them lost.
- There are several community projects and swap areas/free stuff boxes (take something leave something)
- Don't build near spawn if you are uncomfortable with newbies wrecking things.
- IRC - We all gather on IRC via irc.afternet.org channel #minecraft, and you should too. There is even an IRC↔minecraft gateway bot.
Features of Note
- Everything was built by hand with no cheats. We never use /item or /tp etc oper commands except to fix technical glitches. Everything you see in the game was made 'legit' including community projects. (We do, however have some mods wich change things a bit, such as adding drops to some items)
- We have a web map which is updated hourly. You can view this via http://mc.simplanet.org/map. The player positions on the map are live.
Tell an editor if you would like your house/project listed here
- Spawn - Spawn is a giant compass of glass over water and lava
- Saucer - Rubin built a large round disk in the sky as a part of his mountain home (visible east of spawn)
- Spleefing Arena - South of spawn is our PVP spleefing arena, complete with synchorized fighter doors and a regenerating cobble floor over a pit.
- Lighthouse - One of several lighthouses, features a rotating beam visible from many landmarks near spawn.
We have been discussing economy, and here is what we have come up with:
- Users will be able to buy and sell with eachother via the ChestShop plugin: ChestShop. Johndrinkwater has come up with this table which is maybe a guess/guideline on what things will be worth. Diamonds will be available to buy and sell with the bank for 4608 credits, at the mall near spawn, to act as a basis for currency. The rest of the trades are up to users, who may setup chests in the mall.
Create a sign above a chest with some item in it (say, sand), and put a sign above it which has the following syntax:
YourUsername Ammount (usually 1) S YYY : ZZZ B Sand
For example, Rubin wants to sell sand for 40cr and is willing to buy it for 20cr, in units of 10 (10 blocks at a time):
Rubinlinux 10 S 20 : 40 B Sand
Then i simply put some sand in the chest. Users can buy or sell by right or left clicking. Chest and sign are automatically protected. (Note: using this protection to greef by making boxes that cannot be removed in annoying places will get you banned!)
Currently alchemy works by placing a chest over lava, and running redstone to power it. We will probably change it to work with something besides lava since without bukkit the chest will burn. This is not setup yet.